From the Girl Scout's Carolina's Website:
As a Girl Scout with Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont, you will be connected with more than 18,000 Girl Scouts throughout central and western North Carolina and become a part of the nearly 100-year-old Girl Scout legacy with more than 10 million girls and adults around the world.Girl Scouting builds well rounded leaders while teaching real world skills such as handling money, working with others, and making sound decisions. What's more, joining is easy! Simply get in touch with Missie Emery, the Assistant Troop Leader for Junior (grades 4-5) Troop 40269 in Asheboro, or visit the main Girl Scouts Carolinas website to find a troop for your daughter's age level near you.
Girl Scout membership is open to all girls ages 5-17 who accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont serves girls regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, economic status or disability. Its program is accessible to all girls who are physically and developmentally disabled. National membership is $12 per year; a Girl Scout uniform is not required.
Become a part of this exciting girl-driven organization where girls become leaders who:
Through Girl Scouting, girls have the chance to unleash their potential, follow their passions and make a difference in their worlds; So that when someone asks, What Did You Do Today, they can answer confidently, knowing they have accomplished something great.
- Can set and achive goals.
- Can use their values to make decisions.
- Can create teams and work well with others.
- Can network within their communities.
- Can influence others to take a stand and do the right thing.
- Can run a business.
- Can build and enjoy friendships with people from all different cultures and countries.
- Can (and do!) act with integrity.
- Can inspire others to help their communities.
- Can change the world!